Purpose of Main Role:-
Operations Logistics Executive is responsible for managing the complete incoming and outgoing shipment, Customs clearance, compliance of regulatory authorities’ requirements, documentation, solving out day to day issues the very same day and sending the timely updates to clients, suppliers, other internal departments, and Management with full responsibility and accountability,
- Develop and lead end-to-end logistics solutions to achieve required on-time pickup & delivery of goods. Manage Logistics Costs to meet budgets and Op Plans
- Developing specialized knowledge in their discipline. Serves as best practice/quality resource. Has awareness of latest technical developments in own area. Contributes towards strategy and policy development and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Coordinate and problem solve with carriers, forwarding companies, and other entities to ensure successful deliveries of shipment/Cargos.
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors (shipping lines, airlines, international agents, trucking companies, other logistics companies) to obtain updated pricing and freight info.
- Actively participate, advise and help make decisions in selection of carriers.
- Ensure that all information being conveyed by the customer/Supplier to the internal teams is accurate – delivery addresses, pricing, cross, references, packing, special instructions etc;
- Implementation of standardized processes and follow up of procedures, guidelines.
- Co-ordinate all import, export, custom clearance and cross stuffing shipment activities of the organization; manage customs process, pass bill of entries and manage Transfers within the Free Zone, as well as Transfers from Free Zone to Mainland.
- Inventory management and stock control – Coordinate inbound & outbound FCL/LCL cargo from warehouse, issue of shipping instruction, cargo delivery arrangement, documentation and liaison with warehouse, delivery follow up and troubleshooting.
- Order processing to ensure proper Customs documentation and Statutory Compliance is adhered for SAIF Zone goods and other Free zones & Mainland.
- Preparing Invoice, Packing List, Certificate of Origin for all free zone cargoes and other required documents for Import duty exemption and Export shipments via Land, Sea and Air to GCC movements.
- Transport management and controlling logistics cost with effective coordination, freight negotiation with different shipping companies, Airlines and transporters for FTL and LCL cargoes.
- Follow custom clearance procedures of Sharjah/Dubai/Abu Dhabi Customs and do import / export shipments clearance through E-Mirsal2/ online and arranging inspection if required.
- Closely monitor shipment arrival status at port and make arrangement to clear consignment on time to avoid any storage, detention and demurrage charges.
- Always keep open communication channels with accounts, sales, and procurement/sales teams in order to optimize the process, minimize/eliminate delays and ensure cost effective operations.
- Identify and address any logistics related issues, discuss with concerned teams and escalate if not resolved with reasonable timeframe.
- Check accuracy of data in Packing slip with tally sheet/GRA received from Warehouse/Sales/Stores while devanning container/other mode; investigate and resolve any discrepancies regarding package marking, damaged cargo, short landed/ excess received packages and do insurance claims if required.
- Preparing stock report as per customs and supporting the accounts team for reconciliation.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by Management. • Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Updating customers with the status of orders and cargo including pre-shipment advice, shipment notifications, copies of documents and always ensuring their satisfaction.
- Maintain customer/Supplier master records on the CRM.
- Assisting the team in solving problems and following-up with customers/suppliers whenever necessary
- Maintain accurate filing systems ensuring customers’ orders and relative data is available retrospectively in case of any discrepancies or disputes.
- Ability to all kind of shipment including DG, Non-DG, etc.,
- Follow the defined SOP.
- Make sure all assigned team members always maintain good hygiene and are in company uniform during the office hours. To make a small report on performance of team and submit on the meetings.
Job Opportunity Details
|Job Location:||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|
|Company Industry:||Aviation Support Services|
Job Opportunity Details
|Career Level:||Senior Executive|