Zong Pakistan Careers for Taxation Manager
- This role involves executing a full range of tax responsibilities in compliance with laws and regulations within the timeframe, building relationships with tax authorities, providing tax planning, and developing tax strategies that help the business.
- Review of contracts in order to apply-duce CMPak tax-related exposure to zero. Also review Product papers with respect to tax in the ROI portal
- Responsible to submit appeals within the timeline against any orders/ assessments issued by tax authorities.
- Ensure that no penalty or additional tax is imposed on the company due to any kind of noncompliance or inaccurate information.
- Coordination with the legal department for different tax-related matters and filing of appeals in the High Court and Supreme Court
- Attending hearing of cases in courts as and when requiapply-d. Ensure that no hearing remain unattended by consultants/ lawyers.
- Internal advisory to different functions of the company especially marketing and finance on the handling of day-to-day tax matters.
- Accurate submission of the company’s corporate income tax return in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate posting of tax-related vouchers on monthly/annual closing and timely submission of CMCC reporting.
- Accurate and timely deposit of tax in all Federal and Provincial jurisdictions including AJK within the time stipulated in relevant laws
- Timely filing of appeals to ATIR / High Court/ Supreme Court against the orders of lower forums.
- Ensure timely and accurate submissions of monthly/annual sales tax returns in all jurisdictions according to parameters given in the respective law.
- Provide strategic recommendations to management for tax savings.
- Ensure a high standard of reconciliations for smooth audits by internal auditors / external auditors / CMCC auditors and tax authorities.
- Efforts for process improvements and automation for periodical closings, bank reconciliations, and internal controls like variance analysis, checklists, etc.
- Knowledge of income tax, GST and Provincial sales tax laws, related compliance, reporting, etc
- Should be abreast about changes in laws and disseminate changes across related functions
- Should have industry intel about tax practices
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting/Part Qualification in ACA/ACMA/ACCA/CIMA or similar domain
- Preferably 7 years of work experience in managing tax operation, tax litigation in the telecom sector
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application Deadline: N/A